The Managing Bodies of the Fund are:
- The Council of the Guarantee Fund
- The Managing Board
- The Executive Director
Council of the Guarantee Fund
The Council of the Fund is established pursuant to Art. 290 of the Insurance Code and consists of representatives of all insurers offering motorists' compulsory "Third party liability" insurance and/or passengers' compulsory "Accident" insurance in the Republic of Bulgaria under the conditions of the right of establishment or the freedom to provide services.
With a decision of 29 June 2010 the Council determined that the Managing Board shall consist of 5 members and nominated the following members:
- Mr Borislav Mihaylov - representative of Interamerican Bulgaria;
- Mr Orlin Penev – representative of Allianz Bulgaria Insurance Co
- Mrs. Diana Evstatieva - representative of Bulstrad VIG PLC;
- Mrs. Diana Stoynova - representative of DZI - General Insurance PLC
- Mr Iuri Kopach – representative of Victoria PLC
The Managing Board was approved on September 3, 2010 with decisions from the Deputy Chairman in charge of the Insurance Supervision Division
According to Article 291, Paragraph 6, Item 1 of the Insurance code the Executive Director shall represent the Fund and perform the daily management thereof.
With decision of June 29, 2010 the Council nominated Mr. Borislav Mihaylov for an Executive Director of the Guarantee Fund from among members of the Managing Board.